These fudgy chocolate lava cakes are so quick and easy to throw together. They’re sweet, rich, and make for a perfect night-time or last minute dessert.
I don’t know about you, but my dessert cravings always hit at 10pm, as well as at 9am, noon, 3pm… but you know, especially at 10pm. But then it is too late to start baking. Unless of course, you can whip something up in 10 minutes, bake it for 10 minutes and be fulfilling your cravings in no time.
That’s where these deliciously fudgy chocolate lava cakes come in. With just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes in the oven, you can be enjoying these little cakes tonight!
What’s to love about these Quick and Easy Fudgy Chocolate Lava Cakes?
- Only seven ingredients
- A bake time of 10 minutes
- Lava = fudgy chocolatey goodness
- An impressive dessert
Seriously, they are so soft, fudgy, rich, and delicious! The lava is gloriously flowy and scrumptious.
Every time I cut open one of these lava cakes, I get so excited. It’s like opening a mystery gift and finding oodles of flowing, gooey, chocolatey goodness.
You can top these fudgy chocolate lava cakes with ice cream, nuts, or just a sprinkle of powdered sugar as I did today. They don’t need any help being delicious, as they are already on their own.
I would recommend eating the lava cakes hot or warm, as that’s when they are at prime lava-ness. But, they are also delicious cooled to room temperature, as they turn into a mini brownie cake with a very fudgy center. Perfect for breakfast the next morning. Did I say breakfast? I definitely don’t eat these fudgy chocolate lava cakes for breakfast.
I mean, maybe sometimes I do.
Quick and Easy Fudgy Chocolate Lava CakesYields: 4 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray, then dust with cocoa powder.
- Add baking chocolate and butter to a small saucepan, and place on low heat. Stir constantly until they are melted and combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks together in one bowl. Whisk the flour, powdered sugar, and salt in another small bowl.
- Pour a small amount of the melted chocolate into the eggs, and stir quickly. Gradually pour in the rest of the chocolate, constantly mixing the eggs to prevent them from cooking. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into ramekins, and book them for 10-12 minutes until the tops are dry to the touch but still soft. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove from ramekins by placing an upside down plate on the ramekin and tipping them both upside down together.
- For greatest lava, eat while hot.
- When dusting the ramekins, for best coverage, drop a teaspoon of cocoa powder into the ramekin and ‘roll’ the ramekin around in the air, to move the pile of cocoa powder all over until all areas are covered.
- These lava cakes are a very slight adjustment of the Chocolate Lava Cakes from Sally at Sallys Baking Addiction