- 2 salmon steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare two sheets of aluminum foil, each about 10-12 inches wide, and place a salmon steak in the center of each sheet of foil.
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using), and pour the lemon butter mixture over the salmon steaks.
- Fold the foil up and over the salmon, so they're completely covered and sealed, and place the salmon packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Open the open the foil so the tops of the salmon steaks are exposed, then broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, spoon some lemon butter over the salmon, and serve.
Before pouring the lemon butter over the uncooked salmon, fold or curl up the sides of the foil so the sauce doesn't escape before you fold the foil up and around the salmon.
To elevate the lemon butter, melt the butter in a small pan and saute the garlic for a couple minutes. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and proceed as normal.